1. If you saw a dog locked in a hot car, what would you do? Call 911 immediately. And call down every horrid thing I could think of on the piece of shit dirtbag who did it. I’ve done this—it’s crazy hot here in NM in the summer…the first year we lived here, we pulled up next to a closed up car in a grocery store parking lot with not one, but THREE large dogs in it. They were in obvious distress. I called 911, and waited by the car. The police came, busted the window out, and put the poor pups in their air conditioned cruiser. The owner came out, and was arrested. Go, cops!!! I was so mad and upset I was shaking.
2. Is it easy for you to accept help when you need it? Nope, I totally suck at this. Asking for help is really hard for me. Not that I think I can do everything perfectly—in my core, I don’t think I deserve the help. It’s something I’ve worked on in therapy on and off my whole life. I think I’m just stuck with it.
3. Have you ever been in a fashion show? LOL, nope. Not even close.
4. Would you like to be famous? Hell no. Seems like a miserable life. I wouldn’t mind having the money some of them have, but not the life.
5. What is your most compulsive habit? Biting my fingernails. I’ve never been able to stop, and my Mom says I’ve been doing it since I was a baby. I’ve tried everything, and I’ve just given up at this point in my life.
6. What do you most strive for in your life: accomplishment, security, love, power, excitement, knowledge, or something else? Wow, this is hard one. I’d have to say peace and security. I would like to have just one damn day without anxiety and worry. Just one.
7.How close and warm is your family? Not very. We are a very small family—my Dad was an only child of two only children. My Mom has one brother and one sister. The sister never had kids. I have exactly ONE cousin and ONE sibling. We have all always lived far away from each other (brother was in the Navy for years, and I moved around a lot out of choice). On the other hand, when we do get together, it’s wonderful. We sort of take up where we left off, and have a fantastic time. Then we all go back to our separate states, LOL. I’m always somewhat envious of all these big families with a ton of cousins and siblings.
8 Does that fact that you have never done a thing before increase or decrease its appeal to you? Decrease. I have a hard time trying new things. I’m a repeat movie-watcher, I read the same books over and over—it’s a security blanket kind of thing, I suppose.
9. If your friends start belittling a common acquaintance, would you defend that person? Sometimes. Sometimes I just don’t say anything.
10. Do you make a special effort to thank someone who does you a favor? How do you react when you aren’t thanked for going out of your way for someone? I do. And I just suck it up when someone doesn’t thank me.
11. Since adolescence, in what 3-year period do you feel you experienced the most personal growth and change? Probably the first 3 years after I graduated nursing school. I had a couple of great jobs, really learned my profession, and traveled all over the place. It was a good time.
12. When you do something ridiculous, how much does it bother you to have other people notice it and laugh at you? A lot. I hate being laughed at or made to feel small. I’m not too good at laughing at myself either.
13. Do you believe in capital punishment? No
14. Do you find it so hard to say “no” that you regularly do favors you do not want to do? Nope, I’m pretty good at saying “no” or getting around stuff like that.
15. What, if anything, is too serious to be joked about? Abuse in any form, human or animal. Genocide. Mental illness. I’ve got a list.