1. What is the most fun thing you have ever done? Our trip to Puerto Rico in 2015. Every day was an adventure!
2. Are you left-handed or right-handed? Right-handed
3. What is the nicest thing someone has ever done for you? Forgive me.
4. What is the biggest animal you’ve seen in the wild? Moose. During the 3 years I lived in Alaska, I saw hundreds of them. They are enormous. They liked to graze on willows that were near where I parked my car on our property. I would have to bang pots and pans at them to get them to move off so I could get to the car to go to work. Get in a moose’s personal space and bad things happen…
5. What is the smallest animal you’ve seen in the wild? A flea. I’m assuming that being on a dog or cat is “in the wild” for the flea…
6. Do you ever have funny dreams at night? I don’t remember my dreams most of the times, but the ones I do remember are either weird, or nightmares. I rarely have “pleasant” or funny dreams.
7. If you could make a law for your country, what would it be? Strict gun control, the second amendment be damned. Something is seriously wrong with a country in which mass shootings don’t even last a 24-hour news cycle.
8. What would you do if you were invisible for a day? I don’t see the point of this one.
9. If you could be someone else for a day, who would you be? Not a clue, I’m pretty happy with just being me.
10. What would you like to change about yourself? My perfectionism. It really makes it hard to just relax and enjoy things as they are.
11. What is your daily routine. Wake up at 2am having a panic attack. Get back to sleep finally, wake up at 4am, take the dog outside, feed the cats. Make coffee, get dressed. Grab a frozen dinner, and the coffee, and a water bottle, throw them in my work bag and drive 40 minutes to work. Start work as a utilization review RN for a mid-sized hospital between 530 and 0600, work until noon. Have lunch with my work buddy for 30 minutes. Work until 230, head home. Walk the dog to the park. Take a bath, put on my comfy clothes, watch a TV show with hubs, surf, read the news, have dinner. Watch another show or two, go to bed at 0800. Wake up at 2am having a panic attack….rinse and repeat.
12. What would your perfect day be like? Being on vacation somewhere fabulous with my husband, sightseeing, having unlimited spending money and staying in a luxury hotel.
13. How old were you when you learned to read? Three, according to my Mom. I have loved reading all my life. I sat at the kitchen table as a kid reading the back of the cereal box while eating my fruit loops. I read encyclopedias and dictionaries. Adult books and kid books. The newspaper and magazines. I was very fortunate to have parents that were big readers too—our house was filled with all of the above.
14. What is the most interesting thing you know? Hahahahaha. I am a collector of facts. That is my hobby. I think everything I know is interesting, lol.
15. What makes you nervous? I can’t tolerate being yelled at, other people yelling, angry voices. It’s a huge trigger, and goes beyond just making me nervous…it’s more like panic.
16. What is your favourite flower? Iris
17. Have you ever ridden on a horse or any other animal? I had horses from 12 to age 25. I’d still have one if it weren’t prohibitively expensive to keep them.
18. What time do you go to bed? On work nights, 8pm. I’ll stretch it to 9 or 10 on the weekend.
19. What time do you get up? 4am. I’ll go back to bed on the weekends after the morning dog walk and cat feeding, and if I’m lucky, sleep till 7.
20. Do you know how to swim? Yep.