1. If you had to teach something, what would you teach? Anatomy and Physiology
2. What would you regret not fully doing, being or having in your life? Not having a more meaningful relationship with my daughter. Biggest regret of my entire life.
3. Are you holding onto something that you need to let go of? Probably. I hang on to stuff way past the time that it should just be over.
4. When you are 80-years-old, what will matter to you the most? NOT having dementia
5. When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards and just do what you know is right? I don’t spend a lot of time calculating risk and rewards….I tend to go with my gut.
6. How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? In my head, I’m still 40. My body? Not so much.
7. Would you break the law to save a loved one? Yep
8. What makes you smile? My fur babies, my husband’s goofy jokes and dances, a beautiful day, a job well done
9. When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? I’ve had a pretty interesting life, and done a lot of things. So, no
10. If you had the opportunity to get a message across to a large group of people, what would your message be? Love each other. If you can’t do that, like each other. And if you can’t do THAT, tolerate each other.
11. If the average human lifespan was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? I have no clue. For the most part, I’m happy with the way I lived my life up until 40.
12. What do we all have in common besides our genes that makes us human? A need for connection to another being.
13. If you could choose one book as a mandatory read for all high school students, which book would you choose? My choice has been on that list for years. It’s still relevant, with the rise of all this authoritarianism. Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury.
14. Would you rather have less work or more work you actually enjoy doing? Since I actually enjoy my job, and have great work/life balance, I’m perfectly happy with the status quo.
15. What is important enough to go to war over? My heart says nothing, even though that’s incredibly unrealistic
16. Which is worse, failing or never trying? Definitely never trying.
17. When was the last time you listened to the sound of your own breathing? Last night.
18. What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Spell potatoe. And tomatoe. That’s the way I learned it in 1960s Mississippi, for whatever reason.
19. What does ‘The American Dream’ mean to you? That a good life can be yours with hard work.
20. Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Worried genius