Saturday 9: No One's Here to Sleep (2013)
1) This song is the theme of How to Get Away with Murder, the legal drama that premiered in 2014 and airs on Thursday nights. Are you fan? Not really. I saw the first couple of episodes, and while Viola Davis was fabulous as always, and I’ve enjoyed other Shondaland shows, I just could not get into it.
2) The song's refrain says, "I'll never catch up with you." Behind the wheel, do you carefully observe the speed limit? Or do you have a lead foot, making it hard for anyone to catch up with you? Welllll, somewhere in between. Our speed limit on the Interstate is 75, and I’m usually doing 10 over, along with just about everyone else. In town, speed trucks are everywhere, so I usually keep it right on the speed limit.
3) How to Get Away with Murder is about Annalise Keating, a law professor at a top Philadelphia university. She has a reputation for being tough, demanding and able to turn her students into successful defense attorneys. Tell us about a teacher who helped prepare you for life after graduation. The clinical instructors in nursing school were the most important to me--real world, on the floor, at the bedside education in nursing. That’s the way it’s done.
4) The students she feels show the most promise -- and are recruited to help her solve murders -- are known as The Keating Four. Did you ever sense that you were your teacher's favorite? In 3rd grade, in a tiny town in Mississippi, I had a teacher named Miss Stringfellow. She had an enormous, died black a’ la Priscilla Presley, beehive hairdo. She loved me (I have no clue why) and she put my desk next to hers and called on me often, etc. It did not endear me to my classmates, but it was nice to get the attention. I didn’t really care about my classmates, I was more of a “impress the grownups” type. I spent my recesses sitting in a corner of the playground reading a book, lol. Besides, I always knew we wouldn’t be at that school that long. One more year, and it was on to a new school, thanks to my father’s career.
5) Viola Davis was just nominated for an Emmy for playing Professor Keating. Ms. Davis was born on a farm in SC. Have you spent more of your life in a rural, suburban or urban setting? Rural and suburban. Cities sort of freak me out--they’re exciting to visit, but extremely overwhelming.
6) Next to Annalise Keating, Viola Davis is best known for her Oscar-nominated role as Aibileen in the movie, The Help. Have you seen it? Yes. Fantastic, important film.
7) In 2014, the year How to Get Away with Murder premiered, we lost two famous comedians: Robin Williams and Joan Rivers. Who was the last person to make you laugh out loud? (This means actually, literally laughing out loud, not just keystroking LOL.) My husband, yesterday.
8) The 2014 Olympics were held in Sochi. Have you ever been to Russia? If not, is it a dream destination of yours? Nope, and nope.
9) Random question: The sign on the railing says, "Wet Paint." Do you touch the railing to see if it's really wet? Nope, I’m a rule follower, lol.