Play here if you're so inclined...
1. If you were offered a job in another part of the country, would you take it?
Back in the day I might have. Being an RN has been good to me—I moved all over the country and got to experience living in places like Montana and Alaska. New Mexico, however, is the home of my heart, and I don’t expect I’ll ever leave.
2. If you were in a bank and someone started to hold it up, what would you do?
Whatever they told me to. I’m not interested in getting shot.
3. If you found a suitcase filled with $1,000,000 what woud you do?
Turn it in to the FBI or some such. I’d be afraid it was some sort of drug money and some thug would come looking for me. Normal people just don’t carry a million bucks around in a suitcase…
4. If you had a 25 hour day what would you do with your extra hour?
5. If you had the opportunity to be different, what would you change?
My perfectionism. It keeps me from doing things because I’m afraid that I won’t do whatever well enough, so I don’t even try.
6. If you received a lottery ticket as a gift and won a lot of money, would you share with the person who gave you the ticket?
I’d likely give them a cut, but share out equally? Nope.
7. If you spoke two languages and your spouse spoke only one, would you raise your children as bilingual?
Having been a kid in this very situation (my mother emigrated from Germany when she was 15, and my father didn’t speak German) I can say that it would be very hard to do this.
8. If you were candy, which candy would you be?
I’m not a candy fan, but I’d be a bar of red chile-infuseddark chocolate. That stuff is muy Bueno 😊
9. If you were a toy, which toy would you be?
Some sort of strategy game.
10. If you were abducted by aliens, would you tell anyone?
Nope. The world would think you were out of your mind, even if it did really happen.
11. If you could go to the moon, would you?
Not unless it was free. I wouldn’t pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to space.
12. If you had a time machine, where would you go and why?
I think I’d just stay right here. You change history just by being there, and I like my current life. If I went back to whenever, picked up, say a rock. That would reverberate through time, and I might come back and nothing be the same. No…..I’ll stay right here, or rather right now.
13. If you saw a robbery, would you report it?
This happened the other day. I was walking out of Walgreens, and here comes a guy with an entire case of liquor, running past me out to the parking lot. I went back in and asked in the liquor store, and they had already called the police. Said it happens all the time and that’s why they have a camera. Dang. Anyway, if they hadn’t reported it, I would have called the cops myself.
14. If you were to speak to a graduating class, what would you say?
Don’t let anybody tell you who you can, or cannot be, what you can or cannot do, and how you can, or cannot live. Your life is yours.
15. If given the choice between being given great wisdom or great wealth, which would you choose?
I would take the wealth.