The part before the pandemic. Remember restaurants? I miss going to restaurants. In early February, we went out for our anniversary. We ate inside, had a waitress, the whole shebang. That was the last time. I’m glad we had a great meal at a cool place. I don’t know when I’ll feel comfortable eating inside again.
2. Have you started Christmas shopping?
No, I’ve been awfully distracted with the whole moving Mom to NM thing. I’ve got some ideas though.
3. Do you like your handwriting? It’s fine. Nothing special. Sort of a printing/cursive mashup.
4. Song you could hear over and over and over again.
House of Stone, by Mandolin Orange
5. A favorite quote.
“You’re a woman with a brain and reasonable ability. Stop whining and find something to do.” --Dame Maggie Smith as the Dowager Countess of Grantham in Downton Abbey.
6. Last dream you remember.
I don’t remember them beyond a few minutes after waking up.
7. Most expensive object you want to buy right now.New kitchen cabinets, countertop, and backsplash. I'd settle for refinishing the ones I've got and the backsplash. Someday....
8. Describe your eldest family member.
My uncle. He’s in his mid 80s and has a beautiful smile, and speaks in this German-accented Texas drawl. Here he is with his new dog, Daphne.
9. What has your weather been like?
Bizarre. Last week it snowed. In October. I think the low was like 14. That NEVER happens. Today it will be sunny and 70.
10. Do you enjoy your job?
I do, a lot. I love that I get to work from home. Thank you, pandemic (although going remote was in the works before the pandemic, to be fair).
11. What is your favorite everyday item?
My phone. Hubs says “you have access to all the knowledge of the world in your pocket”. How cool is that?
12. Are you currently obsessed with any TV show?
The Queen’s Gambit, on Netflix. Outstanding in every way.
13. Book you’d like to read before the year ends.
I would just like to finish a damn book. Any book. This has been the worst year for reading ever. I’m currently reading A Memory Called Empire, by Arkady Martine, winner of the 2020 Hugo for Best Novel.
14. Describe Kindness.
Putting others before oneself.
15. Describe your favorite candy in great detail.
Bit-o-honey. Chewy like taffy. Tastes like …. Bit-o-honey.