Find us here.
1. What is the craziest, most outrageous thing you want to achieve?
I want to someday meet my daughter, her husband, and my grandson. I haven’t seen my daughter since she was 6. Long story. We text, but our relationship is just a superficial one. I don’t even know if I want it to be more than that—it’s pretty terrifying. But you said crazy and outrageous, so that’s it. It’s the most out there thing I could think of happening in my life, considering she lives a gazillion miles away, and all the water under the bridge.
2. Have your parents influenced what goals you have?
OMG, yes. My parents had the most intense work ethic. My father worked until he was in his late 70s. He was wildly successful, until his cancer finally made it so he wasn’t able any more. My mom gave me the gift of not having to be my Dad. Not everyone has to be the CEO, she made it possible for me to be happy with success. Dad was never happy, was always pushing me to get promoted, etc. etc.
3. What is a fashion trend you’re glad went away.Those power suits from the 80s. I actually wore that stuff back in the day when I was just starting out as a temp, before I became a nurse. No-one needs to look like a linebacker in heels, lol.
4. What word or saying from the past do you think should come back?
That’s so fetch!
(Ok, not really, but it was the first thing that popped in my head, and I can’t even remember the movie…)
5. What do you bring with you everywhere you go?
Wallet and phone
6. Is there such a thing as a soul?
I like to think so. I’m a woman of science, so I can’t be positive they exist, but I sure feel like I have one.
7. Is there life after death?
I never used to think so. Then I spent the night sitting with my Dad, hearing him talk to people who weren’t there. Like the veil was being pulled away. So now, I’m not so sure.
8. Do you think there will ever be a third world war?
I pray not. It will be the end of us, I think.
9. What smell brings back great memories?
Gardenias. Shrimp boil. Magnolias. Takes me right back to my childhood in Mississippi.
10. How would you like to be remembered?
As a good person who did the best she could.
11. What kind of music are you into?
American roots, Bluegrass, Southern Rock, Classic Rock, Blues
12. What is the biggest surprise of your life?
When my Mom said “I’m ready to move to New Mexico”. The happiest surprise too.
13. If you could eat only one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Green chile cheesburgers from Laguna Burger.
14. Where is the most awe inspiring place you have been?
Arches National Park in Utah.
15. Describe your life in six words
What. The. Actual. FUCK. Is. THIS shit. Oops. That's seven.