You know you want to join us...here.
1. If America is one nation under god then are atheists citizens?
The whole one nation under god thing bugs me, just on principle. The founders seemed to have a bit of confusion with the whole separation of church and state thing. But I’m not a student of American history so much, so I may be talking out of my ear.
People of every religion (or no religion at all) are citizens if they were born here, or were naturalized. Religion has nothing to do with it.
2. Is there anything that you believe should be banned for any reason?
Banning things is a slippery slope. Brings to mind that great Bradbury book Fahrenheit 451. Someone mentioned reading it on their blog and I downloaded it from the library. Time for a re-read. I can't imagine that there is anyone out there of a certain age who didn't read this in school, but if you haven't, run, don't walk, to get this one. It's truly a classic.
3. How often do you eat too much?
I am an emotional eater. I always wished I was like my mom—an emotional non-eater. But this is the brain I got, so here we are.
4. If you died tomorrow, what mark would you have left on the world?
I have saved lives; men, women, kids. I’ve comforted the dying, celebrated the
cured, welcomed new lives. I suppose that's a mark of some sort?
5. Are you a city person or a country person?
More like a medium sized town within driving distance of a small city person. Hah!
6. What annoys you the most about yourself?
I am not a good listener. I work on it, but it has been a struggle my whole life.
7. Who was your childhood hero?
8. With nearly 100 channels why is NOTHING ever on?
That’s a really good question. Thank goodness I can watch re-runs of Law and Order over and over, because lately, that's all we've been doing.
9. Would you adopt a stray kitty wandering through your neighborhood?
I have four of the beasts, all rescues, in a 1765 sq ft house, which is NOT enough room (for them). I’d take it to the no-kill shelter, but I don’t need another cat (or dog for that matter).
10. Which Lord of the Rings movie has the best ending?Probably the Return of the King, but my favorite sequence in any of those movies is the Battle of Helms Deep. Amazing.
11. What are you missing in your life?
My daughter, my grands. It is what it is. I think about how I do for my Mom since she moved here and I wonder—who will do for me when I am old? It’s a rather sobering and terrifying thought.
12. What could you make a sculpture out of that's in the room with you right now?
Well, I’m on the patio. I could stack the patio chairs artfully.
13. Do you believe in the lost city of Atlantis?
I’m sure there’s a kernel of truth in that story, but an underwater civilization, no.
14. Have you ever read The Little Prince?
It rings a bell.
15. What fantasy book would you like to see made into a movie?
Guy Gavriel Kay’s wonderfully poignant book about freedom, memory, and
loss; and the power of love and hate…. Tigana. It is brilliant, just brilliant, and I literally read and re-read two consecutive hardcovers into shreds before I finally wised up and bought it on Kindle.