Join us here.
Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.
1) In this song, Jimmy briefly attempts a healthier diet, which included sunflower seeds, carrot juice, zucchini and bulgur wheat. Do you pay attention to your daily consumption of vitamins, minerals, dietary fiber, etc.?
Well sorta kinda. I get terrible leg cramps at night, so I take some supplements that have pretty much stopped that cold, which is a miracle. Potassium, Slo-Mag (Magnesium and Calcium), and Super B-Complex. Plus a multivitamin and Vitamin D. I try to have at least one vegetable serving a day and one fruit serving a day. But I also try not to focus really hard on it, because it is super-triggery with regards to my OCD and I will spend all my time doing nothing but thinking about food. Which is miserable.
2) Jimmy sings that he'd like french fries with his burger. Do you prefer to dip your fries or drizzle the ketchup over them?
Oh, definitely a dipper. I’m one of those people who doesn’t like her food to touch on the plate, so the idea of drizzling….just no.
3) Which cheese would make yours a cheeseburger in paradise: American, cheddar, Swiss, bleu, Muenster, or Monterrey Jack?
I like a gourmet burger every now and again, but I always
come back to your basic American melty cheese. And just to let you know, now you've gone and done it. I'm going to HAVE to have a cheeseburger for lunch today. I see 5 Guys in my future.
4) Buffett fans call themselves Parrotheads. Concert attire for a well-dressed Parrothead often includes a Hawaiian shirt and a foam fin hat. What will you be wearing tonight?
More than likely my pajamas, since we will be home.
5) For someone with such an easygoing and laidback vibe, Jimmy is a very busy man. His business ventures include liquors, restaurants and hotels. He's also published eight books. All this in addition to making music! On a scale of 1 to 10 -- with 1 being lazy and 10 being highly motivated -- how would you rate yourself this morning?
8—I’m feeling pretty motivated to get letters written and blogging done.
6) Jimmy has some very famous fans. Paul McCartney asked him to play at one of his parties, and Barack Obama invited him to perform at a fundraiser. If you could invite anyone -- anyone at all! -- to play at your party, who would you ask?
I think Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble would have been a blast. I count myself lucky to have seen them once, way back in the day, in the diviest venue ever. Here they are live, in Austin.
7) Jimmy was born on Christmas Day. Does your birthday fall on a major holiday? If yes, do you mind "sharing" your special day?
I was born the Saturday after Thanksgiving, 1962. So yes, every 7 years my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. That will be happening next year.
8) In 1978, the year this song was popular, the Susan B. Anthony Dollar was first minted. The initial design was not a hit with the public because vending machines could not accept it. What's the last thing you bought from a vending machine?
I literally can’t remember it’s been so long. I’m going to guess some kind canned drink.
9) Random question -- If today's your birthday, your zodiac sign is Libra. When did you last check your horoscope?
Not a thing I really get behind, but I do recall checking it a few months ago in the Post.