Join us here.
1. First thing you wash in the shower? My face, with Cetaphil Facewash. Since forever. Although I am not fond of showers and prefer a bath. All that water pelting me is uncomfortable. I might like one of those rainshower things—we have crazy high water pressure and I feel like I’m being blasted with a fire hose.
2. What colour is your favourite hoodie? Blue. I’m not generally a hoodie fan, I don’t like stuff up around my neck like that. I do have one of my Dad’s old hoodies though—it’s the zip up kind, so I don’t have to have it around my neck. I like wearing it in the winter when the house is a little cool.
3. Would you kiss the last person you kissed again? Well, yeah. That was hubs.
4. Do you plan outfits? When I was working onsite I did, but I’ve been remote since the pandemic, and am now permanently remote (huzzah!!) so “outfits” made me laugh. If one can call one’s favorite jammies “outfits”. My mother finds this horrifying, and can’t understand why I wouldn’t get dressed each and every single day. I’ve ALWAYS loved spending the day in jammies, so what the hell. I don’t leave the HOUSE in them for goodness sake.
5. How are you feeling RIGHT now? I recently started a new med, and my stomach is still a little upset by the thing. So I’m drinking some warm ginger ale and waiting for it to pass. Other than that, I’m good, and looking forward to a day out with Mom.
6. What’s the closest thing to you that's red? My red Merrell jacket that was my Dads. Mom cut down the sleeves for me. I love that thing. It’s perfect for this time of year. It’s tossed over the other end of the futon I’m sitting on.
7. Tell me about the last dream you remember having? This morning, and it was WEIRD. I woke up, looked at my clock, said “oh hell NO, I’m not getting up at 4am” and went back to sleep. I dreamed we were on a car trip, and Lily was with us (the white kitty), but she was in miniature, like figurine sized. She kept getting herself stuck in places in the car, and as we are driving over this hugely tall bridge, I ask hubs where we are going, he says Springfield Mass (?!?!?). We drive onto a giant ocean going ferry, very crowded, and are looking for a table, carrying the cat and the stool I keep around for cutting hubs’ hair (I swear), looking for a window table and I finally find one. At which point, hubs comes over to me and says “you can’t see anything but the railing outside, you have to find one HIGHER”. I woke up. That was literally one of the weirdest dreams I have ever had, and one of the few that I remember. I don’t even want to ATTEMPT to figure out what any of that meant…
8. Did you meet anybody new today? Well, today has just begun. Yesterday I had a Webex meeting with some
folks from one of our Oklahoma hospitals—off camera thank goodness my company
doesn’t require cameras be on. I hadn’t
met them before. It was their first audit since their EMR go-live, and the Surgery Director actually thanked me for the not so great news I had to give them. And was honestly appreciative. It went well.
9. What are you craving right now? A maid. We let the kitchen devolve into a disaster the last couple of days, and since Mom is coming over at 10am, I’d better get cracking on straightening it up. A maid would be glorious.
10. Do you floss? No, I use a Water Pic. Some of my teeth are too tightly together to get floss in there.
11. What comes to mind when I say cabbage? New England Boiled Dinner. We had this a lot when I was a kid. Corned beef, cabbage, carrots, potatoes, boiled up in a pot.
12. Are you emotional? I can be.
13. Have you ever counted to 1,000? I don’t think so.
14. Do you bite into your ice cream or just lick it? I’m not a licker. I like to eat it off the spoon, when I do indulge, which is about once a year. It generally doesn’t agree with me.
15. Do you like your hair? I have moments when I like it, like when it’s just cut and very, very short and out of my eyes and off my forehead. It is super-straight and super-fine, even though I have a lot of it. I wore it long for years, and in some ways I wish it was long again, because I didn’t have to pay for haircuts so often. But, try as I might, I cannot endure the agony of growing it out at this age. I always wanted wavy or curly hair, but this is what I’ve got, so…kinda sorta I guess?