Join us here.
1. What's something you've recently accomplished solo?
Went out by myself yesterday to run errands (pick up dog meds, pick up my meds, go to doctor). It was nice just to be alone, not have to talk to anyone, and just drive. I realized how little time I really spend alone. Most of the time that’s fine, but I needed a morning out to get my head on straight after a couple of crap days at work. Then I went and got Mom and Hubs, and we had a nice lunch and went to Target.
Dawn Platinum PowerWash is the best stuff ever invented. Spray it on, and 10 minutes later, wipe and spray out the pan. I mean, this stuff is revolutionary. No scrubbing. I love it.
3. Have you found your place in the world? Where is it?
4. Worst movie you ever saw?
Texas Chainsaw Massacre the remake. Turned it off after about a minute. Hubs loves that shite, but I have no stomach for such things.
5. What's the last fun thing you did?
6. What's your favorite Italian dish?
7. Have you ever been to France? Any desire to visit there, and if so what would site or city would you most want to see?
I’ve never been, but I’d like to see Provence, Normandy, Brittany. And the old Roman cities would be cool. All these places basically.
|The Roman Theater of Orange, France|
8. Have you ever been to Disney, any of the parks at all? Are you a Disney superfan or something less than that? They're open right now so tell us, would you go if you had the time/money/a free trip?
Not really interested. I’ve been a couple of times. I’m more the Universal or Busch Gardens type when it comes to theme parks.
9. Your favorite place to go when you want to be quiet as a church mouse? Would those who know you well describe you as more church mouse or perhaps more like mighty mouse?
My office in the mornings. Nothing but the dog breathing and the cat purring. It’s so peaceful and quiet. Definitely not a church mouse, me. Hubs says I can be “intense”. I talk too much when I’m anxious.
10. Do you bake your own bread? Last time you had hot out-of-the-oven homemade bread? What's your favorite kind of bread?
Lord, we’ve tried. Hubs tried desperately to make sourdough during the height of the pandemic, like half the rest of the country, but we live at high altitude (relatively—we are at about 5700 feet), and there are challenges. We never got it right.
My favorite is a tie between a crusty French baguette and a
hearty sourdough. We are going to our favorite dumpling joint today, and nearby is a Vietnamese bakery--these folks make the BEST baguettes (for their banh mi). Might pick one up.
11. What's something you might say is 'the greatest thing since sliced bread'?
Smartphones. Having all the world’s knowledge in my pocket, well, that’s not something I imagine would ever be a thing.
12. Share with us five little things you're grateful for today. Small blessings. One catch-they all must start with the letter T.
- Today. The pandemic has made me realize that this is not a given. Ever.
- Time off. I needed a long weekend. Happy I have a job with generous PTO.
- Taste. We are going to our favorite Chinese dumpling house today, and without the ability to taste, what would be the point?
- Them. As in my Mom and Hubs. My pod. My fam. My friends. All of ya’ll.
- Technology. I mean,
this just goes without saying right?
13. Tell us where you were and something about what life was like when you were 20- 21.
I was married to the first ex, living in a tiny, run-down apartment in Newport News, Virginia. I worked as a word processor and secretary for an estimator at the huge shipyard there. I was poor, poor, poor. Me and my girlfriend we pool our money, go to Chi-Chi’s and buy one enchilada to split between us, and eat several baskets of chips and salsa, lol. We would then walk around the mall and dream of all the stuff we would one day be able to afford to buy.
14. What's on the menu at your house this week?
Italian Wedding Soup (hubs is making it)
Take Home Pizza with Mom (Papa Murphy’s)
Vietnamese Baked Chicken, Rice, and Quick Pickled Cucumber and Red Onion Salad (today's project)
Pasta and Meat Sauce (from the freezer)
Borracha Beans (from the freezer)
Lemony Chicken Soup with Orzo (from the chicken stock hubs made a couple of days ago)
We are sticklers when it comes to our menu, especially in
these times of crazy expensive food. We
bought a freezer pack from our favorite local butcher, Keller's Farm Stores, a few weeks ago that will last us
into next summer, more than likely. Mom and Dad bought us a small chest freezer as a housewarming gift back in the day, and we really make use of it, and our vacuum sealer. We design
the menu every two weeks, and only buy what is on the list. Otherwise, the grocery bill just spirals out
of control. We like to eat well, and this is how we afford to do so.
15.Something you recently purchased where a coupon was involved? Do you regularly shop with coupons? .
I hate coupons. I always forget to use them.